Little did we know that MagSafe 3 would be such a big upgrade for the 2021 MacBook Pro when the first rumors mentioned the magnetic charging port’s return. Apple has indeed brought back MagSafe charging to the MacBook. MagSafe 3 comes in the form of a USB-C-to-MagSafe-3 cable and USB-C power adapter. These ship with every 2021 MacBook Pro, from the cheapest 14-inch version on offer to the most expensive 16-inch version you can configure.
MagSafe 3 doesn’t only bring back the peace of mind when it comes to accidentally tripping on your MacBook Pro cable. It also delivers support for fast charging, which will replenish 50% of battery capacity in 30 minutes. That’s a great feature to have on a laptop that already promises amazing battery life. But not all fast-charging speeds are the same, as USB-C charging continues to be available on the new MacBooks. Yet USB-C charging can only go so far. That’s why you need to understand how the different charging methods work to ensure you get the right USB-C charger for your brand new MacBook Pro.
The post What to know about MacBook Pro’s fast charging speeds before you buy appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- Finally, an indoor fly trap that works – 30,000 Amazon shoppers can’t be wrong
- 62 early Samsung Black Friday deals just went live and prices are nuts
- Ditch your awful Apple TV remote with this $15 replacement on Amazon
- PS5 restock update: Surprise in-store PS5 restock this week
Trending Right Now:
- USDA issues urgent meat recall, so throw it away if you have any
- Stimulus check update: Some people might get $500 payments for the next 3 years
- An extra stimulus check payment is coming from an unexpected place