Earlier this year, Apple launched the AirTag tracker, and the device became quite popular with users. Like Tile trackers, AirTags can help you locate any objects that you tag them with. Unlike Tile, Apple uses the hundreds of millions of iPhones in the wild to locate any lost or stolen devices. The AirTags ping nearby iPhones anonymously, and the phones then send location data to the AirTag owner. Nobody else gets that location information. Not even Apple. These privacy and security features are so good that criminals are now finding ways to use the AirTag technology to commit crimes. Specifically, thieves use Apple’s AirTag to tag a car in a public parking lot and track it to the owner’s home. They then steal the vehicle from the driveway rather than risking a heist from a more public location.
The post Thieves can use AirTags to track and steal your car from your driveway appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- 10 crazy Cyber Week deals still available on Sunday (last chance!)
- Amazon gift card promotion 2021: How to get $32 free right now
- Disney Plus subscription price is free from Amazon for 6 months
Trending Right Now:
- Serious recall issued for 19 delicious desserts – throw them out now
- Stimulus check update: You get an extra payment if you have one of these jobs
- New frozen veggie recall issued because people are breaking their teeth – see if you have any