Various sources have claimed in the past few weeks that Apple will soon unveil the first MacBook Pro to feature the M2 System-on-Chip (SoC). The 2022 M2 MacBook Pro will launch alongside other new devices this spring, including the iPhone SE 3 and iPad Air 5. But despite getting the latest Apple processor for Macs, the new MacBook Pro will not outperform the 2021 models that launched with M1 Pro and M1 Max chips inside. It will not even feature the new “notch” design that Apple introduced last fall for the MacBook Pro series.
That might sound puzzling at first, but a new report from a well-known Apple insider sheds more light on Apple’s Mac strategy going forward. The MacBook Pro will not be the only new Mac to run on the new M2 SoC this year. However, the most powerful M-series chips will still be part of the M1 series.
The post M2 MacBook lineup for 2022 leaked: Here’s what you need to know appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- Monday’s deals: $50 air fryer, $99 AirPods, eufy cameras, $5 smart plugs, more
- Best Deals Available Today (February 21, 2022)
- 10 deals you can’t miss on Sunday: $175 AirPods Pro, $5 smart plugs, coffee pods, more
- Everyone with a Nintendo Switch needs to see this awesome deal
Trending Right Now:
- Netflix movies, shows, & series: New releases for the week of February 20th
- Urgent dollar store recall issued after 1,100 dead rodents were found
- Urgent frozen food recall: Check your freezer for these contaminated veggies