General knowledge Questions and Answers on Coronavirus (COVID-19): Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Since January, when the World Health Organization (WHO) announced that it had identified a new virus and declared its outbreak a public health emergency of international concern, COVID-19 has dominated headlines—and our daily lives.
Most people who fall sick with COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate symptoms and recover without special treatment.
GK Questions and Answers on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
1. Which of the following statement is/are correct about Favipiravir?
- A. Favipiravir is an antiviral COVID-19 drug.
- B. Glenmark Pharmaceuticals under the brand name FabiFlu has launched an antiviral drug Favipiravir.
- C. It is India’s first COVID-19 drug launched, priced at Rs 103 per tablet.
- D. All the above are correct
- Ans. D: D. All the above are correct
2. Thailand announced that it has proceeded to test its novel coronavirus vaccine on which animal/bird?
Ans. A: Monkeys
3. How many countries, areas or territories are suffering from novel coronavirus outbreak in the World?
- A. More than 50
- B. More than 100
- C. More than 150
- D. More than 200
- Ans. D: More than 200
4. Name the vaccine that is jointly developed by the German company BioNTech and US pharma giant Pfizer for COVID-19?
- A. BNT162
- B. PICOVACC
- C. Both A and B
- D. Neither A nor B
- Ans. A: BNT162
5. In a study, which cells are found in COVID-19 patients ‘bode well’ for long term immunity?
- A. P-cell
- B. D-Cell
- C. T-Cell
- D. Endothelial Cells
- Ans. C: C. T-Cell
6. Name a clinical trial in which blood is transfused from recovered COVID-19 patients to a coronavirus patient who is in critical condition?
- A. Plasma Therapy
- B. Solidarity
- C. Remdesivir
- D. Hydroxychloroquine
- Ans. A: Plasma Therapy
7. In which age group the COVID-19 spreads?
- A. COVID-19 occur in all age groups.
- B. Coronavirus infection is mild in children.
- C. Older person and persons with pre-existing medical conditions are at high risk to develop serious illness.
- D. All the above are correct,
- Ans. D: All the above are correct,
8. How does Coronavirus transmit?
- A. When a person sneezes or cough, droplets spread in the air or fall on the ground and nearby surfaces.
- B. If another person is nearby and inhales the droplets or touches these surfaces and further touches his face, eyes or mouth, he or she can get an infection.
- C. If the distance is less than 1 meter from the infected person.
- D. All the above are correct.
- Ans. D: All the above are correct.
9. What happens to a person suffering from COVID-19?
- A. Around 80% of the people will require no treatment as such and will recover on their own.
- B. Around <20% or a small proportion may need hospitalisation.
- C. A very small proportion basically suffering from chronic illness may need admission in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- D. All the above are correct
- Ans. D: All the above are correct
10. What is Coronavirus?
- A. It is a large family of viruses.
- B. It belongs to the family of Nidovirus.
- C. Both A and B are correct
- D. Only A is correct.
- Ans. C: Both A and B are correct
We hop you like this General knowledge Questions and Answers on Coronavirus (COVID-19) Article ? For more Latest Job Notifications, Admit Card, Results, Answer key and Gk Quiz always check our site regularly. You like this Article so please don’t forget to share on social media. Thanks For visiting jobs.webblogging.in.com
The post General knowledge Questions and Answers on Coronavirus (COVID-19) appeared first on jobs.webblogging.in.