The General Awareness section plays a prominent role in getting success. General Awareness is the most easily scoring section in every competitive and government examination.
If you are consistently learning Current Affairs and General Knowledge, then you will surely get good marks in this section.
General Awareness comprises two portions:
- Static General Knowledge and
- Current Affairs
Aspirants preparing for competitive exams must be well aware that in almost all the examinations, there is a separate and mandatory section of general awareness or General Knowledge that carries a certain weightage of marks.
General Awareness/GK Topics List
Each and every competitive and entrance exam in India contains General Awareness as a syllabus subject. If you are master in this subject then you are easily able to crack any Competitive Exams, interviews and Group Discussions (GD).
The General Awareness subject for competitive examination is divided into various sections. Let’s read it:
1. Indian History
History is an important part of General Awareness. In every exam, 5 to 10 questions are asked from Indin History only. Further, this subject is divided into 3 parts:
- Ancient Indian History
- Medieval Indian History
- Modern History of India
Study Material for Indian History
- Indian History Books in Hindi PDF (Ancient, Medieval and Modern History)
- Ancient History MCQ Quiz with Answers
- Medieval History MCQs with Answers
- Modern History MCQ Quiz (Topic Wise)
Indian Geography is a key subject of General Knowledge for various competitive examinations. Practice and Learn more about the Geography of India for getting more marks in General Awareness subject.
Key Topics of Geography
- Physical Features
- Soil Vegetation
- Drainage System
- Economic Geography
- Human Geography
Study Material for Indian Geography
- Indian Geography PDF For Competitive Exams
- Indian Geography (भारत का भूगोल) Books in Hindi PDF
- World Geography (विश्व का भूगोल) Notes PDF in Hindi
- Indian Geography MCQ Quiz
3. Art and Culture
Indian Art and Culture is one of the important topics in the General Awareness preparation. Here’re some of the main topics of art and culture preparation for competitive exams:
- Vedas and Upanishads
- Folk Dances Of India
- Folk Music in India
- Indian Classical Dances
- Architecture like Harappan
- Indian Literature (Ancient, Medieval and Modern)
- Indian Cinema and Theatre
Books for Indian Art and Culture
- Indian Art and Culture PDF Notes
- Art and Culture MCQ Questions with Answers
4. Indian National Movement
Indian National Movement is most interesting topic in General Awareness. Questions regarding the freedom movement in India (1885 to 1947) asked in most government exams. The topic includes:
- Revolution of 1857
- Social and Religious Movement
- Moderate Groups and Extremist Groups in Congress
- Revolutionary Movement in India and Revolutionary Activities Outside India
- Partition of Bengal (1905) and the Indigenous Movement
- Congress Sessions
- Formation of Muslim League (1906)
- Morley-Minto Reforms
- Home Rule League Movement
- Gandhi and His Early Movements
- Peasant Movement and Kisan Sabha
- Khilafat Movement
- Non–Co-operation Movement
- Civil Disobedience Movement
- Quit India Movement
Study Notes for Indian National Movement
- Indian National Movement PDF [Hindi and English]
- Indian National Movement MCQ Quiz With Answers
5. General Science
Science subject of General Awareness is unavoidable from most competitive exams. More and more practice on Science questions has been compiled to boost the preparation for several competitive examinations and also enhance knowledge.
Further General Science is divided into 3 parts:
Reading Materials for Science Subject
- Gist of NCERT General Science PDF
- General Science Study Notes PDF in English
- Science GK Books in Hindi PDF
- Biology MCQ [Chapter Wise]
- Chemistry MCQs with Answers
- Physics MCQ Questions with Answers [Topic Wise]
- Quiz on Scientists and Inventions
- MCQ on Space and Satellite
6. Indian Economy
It is crucial to have good knowledge of the Indian economy Economy is one of the most important factors on which a country runs.
Questions on the Indian economy are commonly asked in different competitive exams such as SSC, RRB, Banking and Civil Service examination like UPSC and State PSC.
Must prepare for following topics of Indian Economy.
- An Introduction to Economics
- National Income and its Measurement
- Economic Planning of India
- Main Sectors of Indian Economy
- Fiscal Policy
- Stock Exchange
- Money and Banking
- Liberalisation, Privatisation and Globalisation
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- World Bank, WTO, BRICS
Important Study Notes on Indian Economy
- Indian Economy for Competitive Exams PDF
- Gist of NCERT Indian Economy PDF Book
- Indian Economy MCQ Quiz
7. Computer Knowledge
Computer Awareness section is an integral part of General Awareness subject. This subject is commonly featured in many competitive exams in India. We all know that this is an easy topic and you will easily get more marks.
Important Topics of Computer for competitive exams:
- History of Computer
- Computer Fundamental
- Operation System
- Basic knowledge of Computer Hardware
- Internet, WWW and E-mail
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Computer Network and Security
Reading Study Materials on Computer
- Computer MCQ Quiz
- 1500 Computer Awareness GK One Liner PDF
- Computer Book PDF in Hindi
8. Indian Polity
Indian Polity & Governance is one of the important part of General Awareness Subject. This is an extremely important section as far as the administrative competitive exams such as IAS, SSC CGL, CHSL, etc. are concerned.
Important Topics of Indian Polity:
- The Constitutional Development of India
- Articles and Schedules in the Constitution of India
- The Preamble
- The Governance System
- Fundamental Rights
- Fundamental Duties
- The Attorney General and C.A.G.
- Emergency Provisions
- The Finance Commission
- The Planning Commission
- Panchayati Raj and Community Development
Best Resource for Preparing Indian Polity
- Indian Polity Chapter Wise MCQ PDF
- Indian Polity Handwritten Notes Pdf in Hindi
- Laxmikant Polity Notes Pdf
- Shubhra Ranjan Notes PDF
- Gist of NCERT Indian Polity PDF
9. Current Affairs
According to experts, each and every competitive and govt exam contains 15+ questions related to Current Affairs. Current Affairs are very influential for the Sarkari exam preparation. It is also very dynamic in nature as it is constantly changing. In the end, we all know, Current affairs are the most important section of the Competitive exam preparation.
Books for Preparing Current Affairs
- Daily Current Affairs in Hindi (With MCQs and Explanation in Hindi)
- Current Affairs in Gujarati Language
- Yojana Magazine PDF
Every candidate must have sports game knowledge, who are preparing for competitive exams. Sport is an important part of the general awareness section of competitive exams.
It is very important for you to have a good knowledge of sports, games, sports players and venues for your competitive exams.
Sport GK Books
- Sports GK Books PDF
- Sports GK Questions and Answers PDF
- MCQ Quiz on Sport with Answers for Competitive Exams
Other Topics of General Awareness
Here we list some General Awareness and General Knowledge Topic List:
- Awards and Honours
- Defence GK
- Environment and Ecology
- Books and Authors
- All State General Knowledge
We hope you will get details guide on General Awareness Topics List.
Thank you for reading. Furthermore, if you have any questions regarding General Knowledge and General Awareness Topics then do comment below.
The post General Awareness Topics List For Competitive Exams appeared first on Jobs Captain.