We frequently cover new and unreleased phones here at BGR, but not everyone is concerned about staying up to date with the latest hardware. Even ancient smartphones are still able to make calls and send texts. For some people, that is plenty. Unfortunately, time comes for us all, as well as our phones. On February 22nd, 2022, AT&T is retiring its 3G network for good, which means that a number of phones will no longer get service.
For the vast majority of you, this change will have zero effect on your life, but if you haven’t upgraded your phone in six or seven years, you might want to read on.
[This page was updated on February 21st, 2022 prior to the shutdown.]
The post AT&T’s 3G network is shutting down tomorrow – here’s what you need to know appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- Monday’s deals: $50 air fryer, $99 AirPods, eufy cameras, $5 smart plugs, more
- Turn your bathroom into a spa with this $17 shower head
- Apple’s MagSafe Battery Pack costs $99 – this one on Amazon is $31
Trending Right Now:
- Urgent dollar store recall issued after 1,100 dead rodents were found
- Doctor Strange 2 may feature an awesome Marvel hero no one expected
- Netflix movies, shows, & series: New releases for the week of February 20th