A new research report from analyst Ross Young, who covers the display industry, sheds some new light on Apple’s somewhat mythical, intriguing, and long-rumored AR/VR headset. According to Young, Apple’s headset will arrive later this year and will feature three displays. Young specifically states that the headset will feature two Micro OLED displays and a single AMOLED panel. Naturally, everything is speculative at this point, but Young postulates that the AMOLED panel may be used for a lower-resolution peripheral display.
“We can expect the Apple headset to cost several thousand dollars,” Young’s whitepaper reads. “Our assumption is that the first-generation headset will be a high-end device targeted at professionals and developers to expand Apple’s ecosystem in AR/VR.” This is an interesting and curious take given that Apple has long been a company that doesn’t exclusively focus on professional consumers. On a related note, we’ve seen rumblings pointing to a price tag in the $3,000 range.
The post Apple rumored AR headset may feature three displays appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- KN95 masks made in the USA are finally in stock at Amazon
- Wednesday’s deals: COVID-19 tests in stock, Philips Sonicare sale, energy drinks, more
- Tuesday’s deals: COVID rapid tests, $22 Fire TV Stick 4K, N95 masks, more
- Alexa smart plugs with 6,300 5-star Amazon ratings are under $5 today
Trending Right Now:
- One of the best Netflix shows ever has a new season and it rocketed to #1
- Stimulus check update: $3,600 is coming in 2022 and you might qualify to get it
- This Spider-Man: No Way Home plot hole ruins the entire MCU